MediaTek, a leading global fabless semiconductor company, powering nearly 2 billion connected devices a year, reiterates its commitment to expanding its footprint across the Smartphone and Smart Device ecosystem in the Middle East & Africa (MEA) regions. MediaTek is also looking at accelerating its collaboration with OEMs and telecom operators across the MEA region to increase digital adoption and promote growth across verticals. These initiatives were highlighted at MediaTek’s flagship interactive technology discussion series – MediaTek Technology Diaries in Dubai.
MediaTek powers some of the biggest brands globally and is committed to delivering cutting-edge innovation with its latest products & solutions across smartphones, smart devices, automotive, satellite connectivity solutions, and next-gen wearables among others. The portfolio comprises MediaTek Dimensity for 5G Smartphones, MediaTek Helio G series for 4G gaming smartphones, MediaTek Kompanio for arm-based Chromebooks, MediaTek Pentonic for Smart TV technologies, MediaTek Genio for Internet of Things, MediaTek Filogic for smart Wi-Fi 6/6E & Wi-Fi 7 solutions, and MediaTek Dimensity Auto for innovative automotive technologies among others.
“MediaTek is a market leader in the global semiconductor industry with a leading position in Smartphones, 5G FWA, Wi-Fi, TV, and AI-IoT. Here in MEA, we are working to bring these technologies to the local industry by collaborating with the regional technology and telecom players driven by three major focus areas in our strategy. In Connectivity, a combination of our T750 or T830 5G FWA CPE chipsets and Filogic Wi-Fi 6 or Wi-Fi 7 chipsets bring faster internet connectivity into homes and businesses and empower operators to entirely transform and elevate their fixed wireless access (FWA) services and enhance the consumer perception of these services. In the Smartphone space, we are the clear leaders in market share, and our focus remains on bringing consumers better variety in the Premium and Flagship range while maintaining support to the migration initiatives from Featurephones to Smartphones. Finally, in AI-IoT, new frontiers are being explored, new cellular technologies that serve the use cases better are being tested and we are already testing RedCap 5G and look forward to collaborating with regional satellite and telecom operators to bring the value of NTN to the AI-IoT ecosystem. We aim to unlock innovation in CE and Telecom industry verticals and invite everyone to be part of this journey as we continue to redefine the boundaries of brilliance,” said Rami Osman, Director for Business Development, MediaTek Middle East and Africa.
During the forum, MediaTek showcased some of the latest collaborations from the MEA region across the portfolio, including Airtel 5G CPE powered by MediaTek T750, Xiaomi 13T Pro powered by MediaTek Dimensity 9200+, Xiaomi 13T powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8200-ULTRA and HP Chromebook x360 powered by MediaTek Kompanio 1200. Other devices powered by MediaTek include Motorola Defy Satellite Link, TAG Pluto Tab, TAG-Tab 3, Jazz Digit 4G Smart Feature Phone, Amazon Echo, Yoco Khumo POS, and Yoco Neo Touch POS among others.
The event witnessed insightful interactions through a Fireside Chat by MediaTek around the theme – ‘Role of MediaTek in the global semiconductor landscape’ moderated by Anuj Sidharth, Deputy Director, Marketing & Corporate Communications, MediaTek India, and panelists included Rami Osman & Mohamed A. El-saidny. The event sparked insightful and engaging discussions on the ubiquitous new-age technology, showcasing MediaTek’s supremacy in arenas including smartphones, smart devices, automotive, satellite communication, computing and connectivity, and collaboration with OEM and telecom operators.
The event saw insightful interactions around the following technologies-
- Smartphones – MediaTek Dimensity 5G smartphone platforms power cutting-edge features from professional-grade imaging and multi-camera videography, brilliant non-stop gaming to advanced AI. The flagship family includes MediaTek Dimensity 9200+, 9200, 9000+, and 9000 system-on-chips (SoCs), and the premium family with MediaTek Dimensity 8200, 8100, and 8050, among others.
- Smart Devices – MediaTek is a market leader across digital TVs, smart speakers, Wi-Fi routers, arm-based Chromebooks, and other smart home products.
- 5G Satellite NTN – This includes both the IoT-NTN and NR-NTN technologies based on the 3GPP 5G specification, with IoT-NTN initially targeting messaging services and NR-NTN supporting higher data rates. Devices powered by MediaTek MT6825 and Bullitt Satellite Connect include the Cat S75 smartphone, Motorola Defy 2 smartphone, and Motorola Defy satellite link.
- MediaTek Automotive Platform – MediaTek Dimensity Auto is a range of new automotive solutions featuring high-performance computing, impressive AI, along extensive feature integration. The comprehensive portfolio includes Dimensity Auto Cockpit, Dimensity Auto Connect, Dimensity Auto Drive, and Dimensity Auto Components to empower smart vehicle technology innovation.
- Networking & Connectivity – MediaTek Filogic Wi-Fi solutions enable extreme speeds, enhanced coverage, in-build security, and superb power efficiency, empowering a wide range of consumer and business products, and cloud services. Filogic 880 and Filogic 380 will drive next-gen connectivity and fast – reliable Wi-Fi 7 experiences. MediaTek T750 and T830 5G CPE chipsets enable fast 5G connectivity in homes and businesses with Optical Network (GPON) and advanced broadband solutions.
- Develops First Chip Using TSMC’s 3nm Process – MediaTek has successfully developed its first chip using TSMC’s 3nm process, set for volume production in 2024 which will be the industry’s most advanced semiconductor process technology for smartphones.
- MediaTek & NVIDIA Partnership – The collaboration will provide a global one-stop shop for the automotive industry, designing the next generation of intelligent, always-connected vehicles.
- MediaTek Leveraging Meta’s Llama 2 – Utilizing Meta’s LLM as well as MediaTek’s latest APUs and NeuroPilot AI Platform, MediaTek aims to build a complete edge computing ecosystem designed to accelerate AI application development on smartphones, IoT, vehicles, smart home, and other edge devices.
- MediaTek’s 5G RedCap Testing Platform – MediaTek has teamed up with Verizon and Ericsson to make 5G low-cost, low-power device ecosystem a reality. Successful completion of data and voice sessions over Verizon’s 5G network using Ericsson’s new NR light compatible software and MediaTek’s 5G RedCap testing platform will pave the way for lower complexity devices and enterprise IoT products.
The MediaTek Technology Diaries is an interactive, informative series aimed at demystifying the newest technologies transforming our daily lives. The series is in tune with MediaTek’s philosophy of making great technology available to help consumers connect seamlessly with the things that shape our daily lives by enhancing, enriching, and making us smarter and healthier.
You may also like Lucky Cement Wins MAP’S Amir S. Chinoy 38th Corporate Excellence Award